As a leading elementary school in St. Louis, it is essential to continually ask whether our buildings and grounds are doing all they can to support teaching and learning for our students.
In exploring how to best renovate our campus, three priorities emerged: necessary upgrades, accessibility, and safety. During Phase I of our Master Facilities and Grounds Plan, an integrated wing will be added north of the gymnasium and Centennial Arts Center (CAC). This addition will feature:
- An upgraded elevator to service all floors;
- Reconfiguration of the main hallway;
- New upgraded classrooms for science, woodshop, and drama;
- A new Alumni Relations & Advancement suite with offices and a conference room;
- Collaboration spaces for students and volunteers;
- ADA accessible bathrooms near the CAC.
Our vision is to create a united campus with a single point of entry to increase the overall safety of our students and to allow for easier transition between classes and lunch. Through the new state-of-the-art STEAM Center, we will enhance the overall educational experience of our learners by providing critical upgrades to our classrooms, elevator, and overall campus configuration.