Community School is a child-centered school concerned with the growth and development of the whole person. A child is selected for admission to the school on the basis of character and academic promise, to the extent that these can be predicted through interviews and screenings.
The steps for applying to Community School are as follows:
Submit an inquiry so that we can assign a username and password for you. Login information will be emailed to you within one business day. Once you receive your Community portal username and password, you will have access to complete our online application and monitor your child's progress through the admissions process.
Schedule an appointment to tour the campus by contacting Dana Scott Saulsberry, Director of Admission, at (314) 991-0005, ext. 315. The tour is for adults only. Current families are not required to tour the school.
- Submit an application for admission accompanied by a $90.00 non-refundable application fee no later than January 26, 2024. Apply online using the Community portal page.
- If applicable, apply for financial aid at solutionsbysss.nais.com/parents by February 1, 2024. Please note that half-day Nursery applicants are not eligible for financial aid.
- After submitting an application, schedule a parent interview with our Head of School, Bob Cooke. Contact the Admission Office at (314) 991-0005, ext. 315 to make an appointment. Current families are not required to meet with the Head of School.
- All applicants are required to participate in an assessment. You will receive notification about the assessment, including a date and time in January 2024.
- Decision letters, enrollment contracts, and financial aid awards will be emailed on Friday, March 8, 2024.
- A non-refundable tuition deposit of 10% of tuition for each student is due Friday, March 29, 2024.
There are two easy ways to apply to Community School:
- Fill out and submit the online application. The $90 application fee is payable by MasterCard or Visa. NOTE: Applications should be submitted via computer. Mobile phone devices and iPads may encounter difficulties.
- Call our Admission Office at (314) 991-0005 x315 (or send us an email) and have an application mailed to you.
Community School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in its admission policies, scholarship programs, educational policies, or employment.