Community School is a child-centered school concerned with the growth and development of the whole person. A child is selected for admission to the school on the basis of character and academic promise, to the extent that these can be predicted through interviews and screenings.
The steps for applying to Community School are as follows:
Submit an inquiry so that we can assign a username and password for you. Login information will be emailed to you within one business day. Once you receive your Community portal username and password, you will have access to complete our online application and monitor your child's progress through the admissions process.
- Schedule an appointment to tour the campus by contacting Dana Scott Saulsberry, Director of Admission, at (314) 899-2414, ext. 315. The tour is for adults only.
- Submit an application for admission accompanied by a $90.00 non-refundable application fee no later than January 27, 2023. There are two options:
- Apply online using the Community portal page.
- Complete a paper application form along with a Release of Records Form. Both forms can be returned to email@example.com or mailed to the Admission Office. Be sure to forward the application fee. The application will be processed upon receipt of the application fee.
- If applicable, apply for financial aid at solutionsbysss.nais.com/parents by January 27, 2023. Please note that half-day Nursery applicants are not eligible for financial aid.
- After submitting an application, schedule a parent interview with Head of School Robert Cooke. Contact the Admission Office at (314) 899-2414, ext. 315 to make an appointment.
- All applicants are required to participate in an assessment. You will receive notification about the assessment, including a date and time in January 2023.
- Decision letters, enrollment contracts, and financial aid awards will be mailed and emailed on Friday, March 10, 2023.
- A non-refundable tuition deposit of 10% of tuition for each student is due Friday, March 31, 2023.
There are three easy ways to apply to Community School:
- Fill out and submit the online application. The $90 application fee is payable by MasterCard or Visa. NOTE: Applications should be submitted via computer. Mobile phone devices and iPads may encounter difficulties.
- Download our application (PDF format) and mail in with your $90 application fee.
- Call our Admission Office at (314) 899-2414 x315 (or send us an email) and have an application mailed to you.
Community School does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in its admission policies, scholarship programs, educational policies, or employment.