Community School sets the standard for academic excellence among St. Louis-area elementary schools. We balance intellectual challenge and nurturing support, allowing each child's strengths to shine.
Learning Tailored to the Individual Child
Our small, child-focused classrooms reach children where they are. With a 7:1 student-teacher ratio, each student gets the personalized help and encouragement he or she needs to thrive.
An Education Based on Exploration
Early exploration is key to developing a thorough understanding of complex subjects. Our approach to learning is hands on. Students examine ideas and topics up close, pushing beyond rote memorization.
Test Scores to Prove It
Test scores validate our hands-on educational philosophy. Year after year, Community students score among the highest in the nation on standardized tests—averaging 40-50% above national norms, 8-9% above gifted suburban public students, and 5-6% above other independent schools.
Success in Secondary School and Beyond
Our graduates emerge well equipped to succeed in the best secondary schools, in college, and in life.
For the past five years, Community School alumni have gone on to attend:
- MICDS - 75 students
- John Burroughs - 67 students
- Villa Duchesne - 13 students
- Whitfield School - 11 students
- Public Schools/Other - 7 students
- Chaminade College Preparatory - 7 students
- Westminster Christian Academy - 4 students
- Saint Louis Priory School - 4 students
- Visitation Academy - 3 students
- Crossroads College Preparatory - 2 students
- Thomas Jefferson - 1 student
Our graduates also attend prestigious colleges and universities across the country, including:
- Colgate University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New York University
- Princeton University
- University of Chicago
- Washington University
- And many more
Click on the map at the right to see a complete list of where Community School graduates have matriculated to college over the past five years.